Monday, August 22, 2011

Hokkaido Santouka Ramen @ Pavilion KL

We think of choice as desirable, something that makes us happy. However, according to Barry Schwartz, there is such thing as too many choices. We will get confused, overwhelmed and less happy when we have too many options. On the food:

Surroundings - A newly opened restaurant located at the 6th floor of Pavilion Shopping Mall. If you here during lunch time, be prepared to queue for at least 20-30mins. Alternatively, you can get someone to stand in line for you, while you take stroll down "Tokyo Street". If you are a bargain shopper, Daiso is somewhere you want to drop by.

Menu - It starts with Ramen and ends with Ramen. All you need to do is to decide on the size ( S, M or L), flavor of the soup (Salt, Miso, Soya or Spicy) and toppings (Egg, char siu, etc). Price ranges from RM23-RM40, depending on what you choose.

Ice Green Tea
Hot Green Tea (refillable)
Pork cheek char siu - well seasoned and melts in your mouth.
The Egg, the wonderful egg is Divine. Hard on the outside, heavenly inside. Don't bother sharing because its TOO AWESOME.
Chawanmushi - Soft and silky
Miso Ramen - I was so busy working on my ramen that I totally forgot to taste this. Gomene.
Salt Ramen - The saline soup coats the bouncy noodles perfectly. I spared no soup behind.
Overall - Will I queue for a bowl of ramen again? The answer is YES (100x). In my opinion, this is better than Ippundo Ramen, but still lags behind my all time favorite Daikokuya Ramen. Nonetheless, you can't find another ramen of this standard in Malaysia.

Verdict - TOTALLY SMITTEN

Hokkaido Santouka Ramen, Pavilion Big Badge

2 comments:

  1. I wanna go try.. the egg looks good, looks just like the one I had in Japan.. yummy~

    ReplyDelete